Saturday, January 11, 2014

The VA 54 Trip, or Why I Need To Stop Waiting A Month To Post Things

I've been busy, as usual, so I'll just put these 51 photos into one trip. VA 54 is a quiet east-west route in northern Hanover County, running between Montpelier and Hanover Courthouse via Ashland. I had to go to Richmond to get there.


Parham Road is only VA 73 west of I-95.


I got on I-295 and headed west.


The next exit was Woodman Road, which I circled so I can get closer to having taken every exit on I-295.


VA 54's west end is accessed via US 33 westbound.


I found that VA 54's west end has been rebuilt recently.


Beginning down VA 54 eastbound towards Negro Foot, then Ashland.


Entering Ashland.


I-95 NORTH IS ON THE LEFT GUYS


Heading towards Hanover.


On the left of this triangle is VA 54Y, the shortest state primary route, at 0.03 miles. I parked on a side street and got out on foot.


Back on the road.


Ending this entry with some VDOT silliness.


Coming soon, a combined Hampton Roads Bad Signage and Williamsburg saga.

No comments:

Post a Comment