Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Different Mecklenburg Saga, Part 4: Charlotte back to almost Salisbury

Welcome to Charlotte.


The crosswalks near the Hall of Fame are made of checkers.


Walking.


Hey, what's that over there?


This intersection had 12-8-8 signals. Charlotte uses black fronts and yellow backs on its signals, but the only 12-8-8s I saw were here.


Almost looks like a milepost, doesn't it?


Charlotte's well out of hurricane range, but it still has Evacuation Route signs for, you know, whenever downtown needs to be evacuated for whatever reason.


Rail crossing.


AT&T building with a BellSouth label scar still visible.


Chiquita headquarters is part of NASCAR headquarters. NASCAR doesn't own them; they just lease some floors.


I-277 trailblazer.


Now leaving. We stayed at the Hall of Fame for about two hours. It was only 1 PM at this point.


I-277 and US 74 overlap on the Belk.


Not much of I-277 left once you get on it.


We'll call it a clinch.


Back on I-77, now heading northbound.


And now we're back on I-85.


Enjoy your affordable Swedish crap.


Traffic jam at I-485.


The construction begins again.


Poplar Tent was the funniest road name I saw.


Lane shift.


Somewhere in Cabarrus County.


There's no US 29 signage with NC 152 on I-85 northbound because you meet US 29 before you get there.


I-85 opens up to four lanes northbound.


Back soon for the conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment